A number of measures have been adopted at our hall to reduce our carbon footprint:
- We provide a wider range of activities within the community reducing the need for people to travel by car, and public transport
- Renewable electricity is used to heat, light, and power the hall
- We have inspected the hall with a thermal camera to highlight cold spots etc. and found and found that there are no major cold spots and the roof of our hall is well insulated.
- We regularly maintain our heaters to ensure maximum efficiency.
Consumption and waste
- Our Craft Nights focus on reuse/upcycling of materials
- We have been hosting Clothes Swaps for 2 years to combat ‘fast fashion’ and will be running our first Repair Café in September to encourage reuse not waste.
- At our events we try to use locally sourced food where possible and economical.
- We are a water Refill Station – you can use our kitchen to refill your water bottle during our public events. For more information see Refill.org.uk
- We’ve reduced the size of our kitchen waste bin and added a recycling bin in the kitchen to encourage more recycling,
- we are a drop-off point for several community recycling schemes with Terracycle to recycle crisp packets, biscuit, cracker and cake wrappers, and oral care products.
- We are installing a water butt for watering the plants at our hall.